Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Secondhand Smoke


I really get irritated when I have to walk through a smoke-filled radius to get to my destination. Even people who smoke outside don't seem to realize that their bad habit affects me and my children. I can't tell you how many times we have to plow through secondhand smoke while I walk the kids to school and back every day. Or when we go to the grocery store and there are people smoking out front of both entrances. It's not like we can enter the store another way. Their right to smoke infringes on my right (and my children's rights) not to inhale the stuff. It's very bothersome, yet nothing can really be done about it that's not already been done--no smoking is allowed in public places and when people smoke outside it has to be outside of a certain distance from the entrance/exit doors. Yet still the smoke reaches my lungs and the lungs of my children. Very irritating!



1 comment:

Tiffany Wacaser said...

I hate that. In Sweden, people used to smoke just by the bus stop, never mind that we were sitting there trying not to inhale the yucky smoke. When I asked people to stop smoking they would get very angry. Smoking isn't a victimless choice. It hurts everyone and I don't think it's right when people endanger MY health or that of my children's by smoking near me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails