Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Peeling the Orange


I hate peeling oranges. But I love eating them. Especially Little Clementines. Especially while they're in season (like right now). But I hate peeling them. The stuff gets up in my nails and my hands smell like oranges for hours. Not to mention how very cold the tips of my fingers always get.

I used to buy oranges but because I refused to peel them, they would sit and sit and sit and then go bad.

I've finally come to the conclusion that my husband is not always going to be there to peel the oranges for me. I have to do it if I want to eat that sweet, juicy fruit.

Sometimes, you just have to be the one to peel those oranges.

Ya know?

1 comment:

Tiffany Wacaser said...

I HATE peeling oranges too. In fact, I don't buy them for that reason. Brent buys and peels oranges because he loves oranges, enough to deal with the stickiness and annoyingness of dealing with the whole thing.

Personally, I think we do enough "orange-peeling" throughout the day. I change poopy diapers, clean up potty-training accidents, washing dishes, cleaning toilets, etc. I don't wait for dh to do those things, so I feel that I'm kind of entitled not to want to peel an orange!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails