Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Blog Thoughts

I've been doing a lot of thinking about this blog and why I write it. I actually have four blogs, each with a different purpose. I started my first blog, A Royal Nest, at the end of 2006. It is my family blog that I print up blog book every year, a family history.

In 2008, I started this blog because I had a lot of ideas and opinions that I wanted to share but didn't want to have on my family blog. I kind of patterned it after my brothers' blog, A Bird's Eye View. Their blog is very intellectual, religious, and political in nature, with them writing about different ideas and opinions in these areas, often spurred by articles or books they've read. Their writing style is quite formal, as is mine.

Their blog is a great read, but they don't post much anymore because they are too busy with their careers and families, I suppose. It's a shame because their writing is so thought-provoking, intellectually stimulating, and even spiritually uplifting.

My other blogs are Love For Learning, which is a journal of sorts of the preschool I do with my own children, and Happy Little Book Group, a group blog book club so we could read books and discuss them online with people halfway across the world.

I feel the purpose of this blog is to write my thoughts and feelings on just about anything I feel like writing about--thereby "cluttered"--and often my thoughts dwell on marriage and homemaking and how to raise children. I have very strong opinions on anything related to these topics. Occasionally, I veer and talk about other things, whatever might be on my mind that day.

And there you have it. The purpose of this blog in a nutshell. You can click on the other blog links and check those out. In fact, I'd like to get going with the book club one and start reading some new stuff, if anyone is interested!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails