Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Admiration


I am a little behind. Last week I was supposed to write a post about the things that I admire about my husband for this challenge. Unfortunately, I had such a downer week that I didn't feel like posting anything nice about anything or anyone. So I didn't post. So this is a week late.

My husband works hard for what we have. I always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom and really don't know what I would do if I had to work. Just thinking about work and putting kids in daycare stresses me out to the point that my husband would take on a second job before I would go out and rejoin the workforce. My husband totally and fully supports my desire to stay-at-home and be the primary nurturer of our children.

My husband helps around the house when I ask him to and sometimes when I don't. He'll do dishes, take out the trash, vacuum, sweep and mop (a job I really hate) and clean the backyard (pick up dog poop and trim the lawn). He often folds laundry in the evening if I haven't had a chance to fold it during the day.

My husband will watch chick flicks with me and he even will put them in without me asking.

My husband bathes, diapers, does the bedtime routine, etc. with the kids, even when I'm home.

My husband lets me get out for girls' nights and lunches, as often as possible. In fact, he encourages me and is often suggesting it.

My husband supports my hobby--playing the violin. Lessons cost money and he encourages me to continue taking them; the books and repairs (like getting my bow rehaired) cost money, and he encourages that too.

My husband will even cook dinner on the occasion that he comes home from work and my day has been so bad that I don't have it prepared. This doesn't usually happen, but he never complains on the rare occasions that it does.

My husband is optimistic, which is good because I'm a pure pessimist. Sometimes his optimism is a bit unreal for me and I'd rather be realistic, but at least he is positively upbeat.

I'm sure there are more, but that's where I will stop.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails