Saturday, March 31, 2012

Book Review: The Memory Keeper's Daughter

The Memory Keeper's DaughterThe Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I really enjoyed this book. It was very thought-provoking and well written. I enjoyed the writing style. It was also clean, something that seems hard to come by these days. I felt that the author got some very good points across through her story. I really loved the symbolism of the photography--of capturing one moment in your life that was life-changing and trying to keep that moment.

One thing I was disappointed in was her use of the "R" word. It seems that it could have been left out. It was only used about five times, maybe less, in the whole book, but when I read it the first time it was used, I was disappointed it was there. I realize that it was probably more common vernacular during the time when the book takes place, but I felt it was unnecessary even in that context.

The other thing that bothered me a little was the amount of grammatical and typographical errors throughout the book. I'm not sure if this is a book that has had multiple publications and this particular publication had a lot of errors, or what. But that was annoying.

All in all, a very good read, a book that I am glad I read and didn't feel like I wasted my time. I would definitely recommend it.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

Tiffany Wacaser said...

I'm trying to figure out what you mean by the "R" word. I have no idea.

JennaK said...

http://www.r-word.org/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails