Sunday, November 25, 2012

Book Review: The Parenting Breakthrough

The Parenting Breakthrough: Real-Life Plan to Teach Your Kids to Work, Save Money, and Be Truly IndependentThe Parenting Breakthrough: Real-Life Plan to Teach Your Kids to Work, Save Money, and Be Truly Independent by Merrilee Boyack

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This is a great book to really give your family direction and give you a solid reason and purpose in parenting.  I liked it so much I am going to buy it and get my husband to read it so we can work together to form a plan of our own that will work with our family to get our kids to be independent.

I especially liked the section on finances and teaching your children about money.  I feel my parents did pretty well in this area, but there are some suggestions and ideas that she gives that I had never thought about and even didn't know that I would like to implement to give my kids a real leg up in the matter of finances when they hit the real world.  I also want to implement some of her strategies to get my children saving their own money for missions and college and their futures.  I have always been a firm believer that it is NOT the parents' job to pay for their children's college educations and this book confirmed that for me, but gave me tools and ideas as to how to get them able and ready to fund a college education themselves, or mostly themselves, without having to take out a lot of money of loans and such. 

This book is going to be my new "parenting Bible", so to speak, because it just really resonated with me and how I already am trying to parent.



View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails