Thursday, January 31, 2013

Book Review: Austenland

Austenland (Austenland, #1)Austenland by Shannon Hale

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I gave this book five stars because it was an enjoyable read for me.  I can't think of anything I didn't really like.  I don't want to over-analyze it because it was just a fun read, kind of a kick-back, read-in-the-bubble-bath, kind of read that doesn't require a lot of hard thought. 

There were some quotes throughout the book that I really liked, one in particular: "Why was the judgment of the disapproving so valuable?  who said that their good opinions tended to be any more rational than those of generally pleasant people?" (p. 112) That quote resonated with me because I tend to get carried away in seeking approval from others. 

I would recommend this to anybody who likes Jane Austen and also likes a fun, clean, romantic easy read.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Jen said...

I really liked this book too--of course, I like ALL of Shannon Hale's books! You should read "Midnight in Austenland" if you haven't already--It's a fun read as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails