Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Day

I am feeling overwhelmed with all that needs to get done today.

I have to unload the dishwasher, wash the dishes from breakfast, and make sure the kitchen looks clean in case someone wants to come look at the house.

I have to do about 3-4 loads of laundry and fold the clothes that my husband washed on Tuesday night after he returned from his trip but left in the dryer.

I have to vacuum and clean bathrooms and try to eradicate the illness that seems to never leave this house.

I have to go to the store and get diapers for my 3rd child, he ran out last night and is wearing one of his little sister's diapers this morning.

While I'm there, I have to get the school supplies, which I'm sure will be pretty much gone, for my son, since I barely got the list last night and school starts Monday. Since there is one Wal-mart nearby and this whole area is starting school Monday, I'm sure that things will be sold out. I don't know why they couldn't have sent the supply lists with the teacher assignment in the mail last week!

I also want to go and buy the book for our book group that meets on Tuesday so I can get it read before then--didn't know about it before or I could have bought it easily on my trip and started reading it then.

Oh yeah, I still have to shower and get ready. My husband doesn't get home from work tonight until about 9 and he left at 6:30 am. He has a 12-hour day today, due to a meeting after his regular shift. He always claims those meetings last only one hour, but from experience, I don't expect him home until after a two hour meeting.

Oh yeah, there's the general paying of bills that come due in the next week that I have to take care of as well.

Sound like too much yet?

Plus I have one sick child with a stomach bug--I really shouldn't be dragging him along to the store, but I'm afraid if I wait until Saturday, the next time I'm possibly able to get out without kids, all the school supplies that are cheap and on sale will be gone already. Plus he (the sick one is also the 3rd child) really does need diapers.

Either it will be an endlessly long day or one that flies by fast, given that I have so much to do.

Now I'd better get started.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails