Friday, January 16, 2009
It's a New Year
I realize that January is already half over, but since I have these goals floating around in my head, I figured I should get them down somewhere. Maybe if I share them, I will be more motivated to follow through. I'm such a nerd, though, I'm warning you. I categorize my goals, just to make sure I don't forget one.
1. Utilize the YMCA and go over at least 3 times a week for an exercise class of some type.
2. Walk to and from school with the kids.
3. Drink at least 64 oz of water daily. (I really don't drink enough water and am always feeling very dry and dehydrated)
1. Read scriptures every day.
2. Pray morning and night.
3. Hold FHE (Family Home Evening) weekly.
4. Have regular family scripture reading and prayer (daily).
1. Read one new book each month.
2. Write in journal once a week. (daily is simply too hard for me).
3. Write my book 4-5 days a week and finish by July 2009.
1. Balance the checkbook monthly, as soon as the statement comes.
2. Stick to the budget (and get my dear husband to follow it also).
That's about all. For our family, we are working on getting a food storage together. We also need to gather up other preparedness essentials for our family, like diapers, wipes, and other toiletry items. Plus I'd like to go through our 72-hour kit and update it. And we need to get those water barrels filled, starting this weekend.
I'm determined to do better this year than I have the past two. Wish me luck!