Thursday, September 20, 2012

Book Review: These Is My Words

These Is My WordsThese Is My Words by Nancy E. Turner

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This book is currently my favorite book. I really felt like I could relate to the main character on many levels. I loved reading about life in the Arizona Territory as well, having lived in Arizona for some time as a young mother. I always love a book from that time period (end of the 19th century). There are so many things we take for granted in our modern lives that they just dealt with back then. It makes me appreciate what I have. I also feel like we could learn something about hard work, even from fictional books from this period, or at least hard manual labor. I think sometimes, after reading a book like this, that we have it too easy. I would recommend this book to anyone. Even the romance wasn't gushy or overdone like in other books, and it was clean.




View all my reviews

1 comment:

Jana Perkins said...

So glad you liked it. It's one of my favs too. Strong Women are always fun to read about, but a strong women in the west! That's good stuff.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails