Saturday, February 16, 2013

I Am a Mom

I am a mom.  That means that my days are not mine.  My time is not mine.

However, I wouldn't have it any other way right now.  This is the life I chose to have.  My power to make a difference in the lives of my children is immeasurable.

Some day my children will be grown.  They will talk about their childhood.  What will they remember?

Will they remember me being there, present in their lives?  Or will they remember me being too busy with other things, things that are much more trivial?

When I chose to have children, I chose to give up some of myself for them.  I chose to put someone else's needs before my own.  I chose to make their lives a priority in my life.

I need to remind myself of these commitments, these obligations.  There are days when I spend too much time watching TV.  There are days when I spend too much time on the Internet.  There are days when I spend too much time reading a book.  I need to take more time each day with my kids as I realize this time is fleeting.

I am a mom. 

1 comment:

BYU Hottie said...

I was thinking the SAME things this week! This time isn't going to last forever. My kid follows me around, which drives me nuts sometimes. Someday though, he won't want me around and some other girl will be the one he wants to be with. All I will have is the memories...so I better make them good!
And then I was realizing how selfish I am at times...and me being selfish just makes everything harder.

Being a grownup is a lot different than I ever thought it would be. *sigh*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails