Friday, April 11, 2008

The Preservation of Femininity

I realize this is backward thinking and goes against feminism, yada, yada, yada, but I just don't think women belong in combat, or many other parts of the armed services. Nurses, yes, perhaps other behind-the-scenes type work, but in the front lines fighting in war zones (or driving the Humvees), no. First, it is contrary to the very inherent nature of a woman to be a warrior. Not that women can't do it or don't have the capabilities, but just that women are better cut out for other roles. Second, when a unit is taken hostage and a woman is in it, what do you think her captors will do to her that they most likely won't do to the men? Yep, the big ugly "R" word. Those are just a few reasons I have for this opinion.

Along those lines, I don't think that women should play harsh contact sports (think rugby, football, wrestling, etc.) either. Not that we can't, but that we shouldn't. Now you're probably thinking that I'm some prissy and somewhat wimpy girl, but I am not that either. I can throw a football as good or even better than a lot of guys. I can also shoot a basket and hit a baseball to rival the ability of some guys. Growing up, I liked climbing trees and playing outside with my brothers. I just think that women are better at other sports and better-equipped for duties outside of combat and war zones. It's not that she can't do these things, but that she shouldn't.

Let's preserve a little femininity at least. Just because we are as capable as men in just about everything doesn't mean we have to become them!



1 comment:

Tiffany Wacaser said...

I'm completely with you on this one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails