Saturday, March 19, 2011

New Baby!

Our new baby was born on Sunday, March 13, at 10:02 a.m. He was our second smallest, larger only than our premie, weighing in at 7 pounds, 7.4 ounces and measuring 19-1/2 inches long.

My water broke at 3:10 a.m. Sunday morning (though our clock only read 2:10 a.m., since we forgot to change the time the night before). I had been sick all day Friday and Saturday with a bad cold that had started in on Thursday. I had been feeling really lousy at bedtime and had even gone to bed quite early, around 9 pm. My husband had been scheduled to work the night shift on Saturday night, but had come home early because he knew how sick I was feeling.

Anyway, we called someone in the ward to come sit with the kids and she even got up in the morning and got them ready for church and took them with her. We left and went to the hospital, about five minutes away. They got me all hooked up to the i.v. and then gave me the epidural around 4:30 a.m. At that time, my blood pressure dropped REALLY low and it was quite scary to feel that way, but they gave me medication and got it back up. The baby's heartrate never changed and he was doing fine the whole time.

By 7:30 a.m., I hadn't dilated past a six, which is where I was for several hours, but I think it's because of how they had me positioned. Once they sat me up higher, things moved along faster. He came at 10:02 a.m. after about 20 minutes of pushing.

So now he is here and we are trying to adjust to life with five children.


1 comment:

Tiffany Wacaser said...

How exciting. My water has never broken and I go late everytime.

I am glad things went smoothly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails