Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bewildering Toddlers


Actually, just one bewildering toddler, my 23-month-old. He sure has a mind of his own, only I'm not sure he really knows his mind. See, we have these two DVD's that he loves to watch: Thomas the Train and Disney's Legends (includes the animated stories of John Henry, Johnny Appleseed, Paul Bunyan, and Casey Jones). Did I mention that he loves to watch them?

All day long, all I hear from him is, "Thomas. John Henry. Paul Bunyan. Thomas. Casey Jones. Thomas. Paul Bunyan (etc.)." The problem is that even when I put in the one he has requested, say he requested Thomas, a few minutes later he's crying and screaming "Paul Bunyan." So I'll put the Disney's Legends DVD in and choose Paul Bunyan from the menu, but then he'll cry for Thomas again. It's so frustrating!

And then today at nap, after watching Thomas twice this morning and random Disney's Legends on and off between all that, he was throwing a temper tantrum because he didn't want to nap, but he wanted to watch Thomas. No, Paul Bunyan. No, Thomas. No, John Henry. I even tried singing him the songs from the DVD, but that didn't work.

So it all boils down to this: I am at a complete loss!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails