Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Book Review: Bringing Up Boys

Bringing Up BoysBringing Up Boys by James Dobson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I really enjoyed this book and found it to be very helpful, in that I am the mother of five children, four of whom are boys.  I really have to agree with most of what he says about our society and culture in America.  I only disagreed with two things he brought up in the entire book.  I would recommend this book to everyone--it's worth a read, whether or not you are raising boys, just to see all his points about how society is becoming and how it's affecting our parenting.  I give it two thumbs up and five stars.  Going to probably buy a copy for our home library.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Jax said...

If you are raising boys, you might be interested in Ted Bell's books "Nick of Time" and "Time Pirates". Ted wrote them specifically for young boys. He couldn't find any new books where boys were the heros, they had good values, and were masculine. So he wrote his own. I really liked them and recommend them if you haven't already come across them.

Richard "Jax" Jensen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails