Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Book Review: The King's Daughter

The King's DaughterThe King's Daughter by Christie Dickason

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I'm torn between how many stars to give this book.  In reading, as in any other entertainment, I like it to be clean.  This is why I tend to gravitate toward juvenile fiction (young adult/teen) because generally, there is no outright sex.  That is my disappointment with this book.  The story is really good and I enjoyed the read, mostly.  I skimmed the chapters that were mainly about sex, though (chapters 39-44) and even though it was alluded to throughout the book (she is a princess whose primary purpose in life is to be wed to produce heirs, so it was a topic she wondered about), I was disappointed that the author felt she had to go into such graphic detail about it when such details were completely unnecessary to the story.

However, I was intrigued by the historical aspect of the book and am now curious to do more reading and research into the European royals and the history there.



View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails