Friday, November 12, 2010

Ah, the Moments of Motherhood

So you know those moments? Those moments when you realize that only a mother would have to deal with such a thing?

I had one of those moment the other night.

We went to Disney on Ice last night. During the performance, my 4-year-old came up to me and kept showing me his index finger. I thought he was telling me something was number one or that he wanted me to help him with something in one second. Finally, he really shoved the finger right up by my eyes and I could see a dark spot on the tip.

Turns out, he had picked his nose and there was no tissue anywhere to wipe it on. Usually, I have a stock of tissue, but I brought only what I needed in my pocket so I wouldn't have to bring my purse in.

So what do you do when confronted with such a situation? I did the only thing I thought I could do--I grabbed his hand and pulled him down as far under the seat at I could and had him wipe it back there on the floor.

Problem solved. Next time I'll remember the tissues.

1 comment:

Tiffany Wacaser said...

Once, when my sister-in-law went to visit her brother-in-law, her daughter threw up on his brand-new white carpet. The house was in pristine condition. My sister-in-law, literally caught what she could of the vomit in her hands so that it would get on the carpet.
Totally mother moment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails