Friday, December 31, 2010

Recap of 2010

Did 2010 fly by as fast for everyone else as it did for me? I can't believe it's already over.

2010 brought some interesting events. I started taking violin lessons again in January of 2010. I was able to attend both BYU Women's Conference and the Casual Blogger Conference. I attended and finished a class called Just Moved for women who've moved to new places and finding ways to cope with the difficulties of moving. I was diagnosed in May with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and told that it would be difficult to conceive another child and then found out in July that I was pregnant with baby #5. I've spent the year teaching primary in church and trying to make friends in our new place. I've become reacquainted with some old friends who live in the area as well.

My husband started the year working out of one location and ended the year at another, with one more in between. His company started the year with four locations and ended with seven. We're hoping 2011 brings him a position of management, either at a new location to be built or at one of the old ones that may be vacated.

We bought our rental house. That was an unexpected turn of events, since we did a short sale on our house from where we moved. We happened to fall into a small group of people who'd had to short sell under certain conditions and were therefore able to buy again before the three year time period was up. It was a blessing to not have to move again, which we would have had we not been able to buy this house.

My oldest child finished first grade and got glasses over the summer. My second child started kindergarten in the fall. My third child went through a series of tests because of a sudden problem with his eyes that came up in September and is now wearing glasses. My daughter, my fourth child, potty trained before she was even three, much younger than my boys.

We had several health scares with our nearly 9-year-old dog and were afraid on more than one occasion that it was going to be time to say goodbye. Luckily, it wasn't and he is still around.

We were able to visit family in two different states over the summer and host a niece at our house here for several weeks.

A lot happened this year. I'm not sure how I feel about it all. I would change a lot of it, if I could, but I can't. I'd like to be starting out 2011 with my husband as a store manager instead of the second in command at his store. I'd like to be starting 2011 with five children already--I had wanted to have this fifth baby before September so my daughter and this child would only be two years apart in school instead of three. But I guess all things happen for a reason, whatever that might be.

Today I plan to sit down and write up some resolutions for 2011. I am a goal-setter and I have some definite ideas of what I want to work on this year. The hard part is picking and choosing what I might actually be able to accomplish and not set too many goals.

With that, Happy New Year, 2011! Goodbye 2010.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails