Saturday, April 9, 2011

Favorite TV Shows

I did not watch a whole lot of television when I was a child. I don't remember if that's because my parents didn't really allow us to watch very much TV or because I just wasn't interested. I just don't remember much TV from before I was in the sixth grade.

When I was in the sixth or seventh grade, though, a favorite show that we always watched together as a family was The Wonder Years. That show starred Fred Savage. It was a show about a young boy, early teens, growing up in the 1960's, named Kevin Arnold. Much of it revolved around the social ups and downs of adolescence, as well as some family issues. My favorite episode was one that was a parody of the original Star Trek, where three of the girls that Kevin liked were torturing him into deciding between them, similar to an episode of the old Star Trek. I thought it was hilarious. Another episode I remember quite well was the one in which a geeky girl, Margaret Farquar, has to work on a project with Kevin. Of course, he is embarrassed that he has to be seen with her, and she has a crush on him, and it all ends in him hurting her feelings but learning that even the nerdiest people are still people with feelings. Most of the shows ended with good messages like that.


Another show we watched as a family when I was in high school was Home Improvement. That show starred Tim Allen and was about a man who lived in Michigan who had his own cable tool show, a wife, and three kids (all boys), and the mishaps that happened to him. I liked it because it was quite funny and, like The Wonder Years, it usually had some good messages. I even enjoy watching the reruns today and seeing them from the perspective of a married mother of boys rather than the perspective of a teenage girl.


I know I watched other TV, but those were two of my favorite shows.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails