Friday, August 5, 2011

Always There

Today I got to go on a special mommy-son date with my oldest son. As we were walking to our destination and he was talking my ear off, it occurred to me that I can barely remember what it was like to not have this person in my life.

That's kind of how it is with all my kids, even my new baby. It just seems like they've always been a part of my life. Even when I think back to my childhood, my teen years, my college days, I can't seem to picture it without them. In fact, I've had many, many dreams since having kids where I am back walking those halls of those schools, participating in all the things I did, but my children are all there with me.

I just can't seem to remember what my life was like without my kids. It's like I've always known them.

I'm so grateful for them. They might make my days hard, even unbearable sometimes, but they are still so sweet and wonderful, with their little personalities shining through and we have so much fun together.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails