Thursday, March 8, 2012

Perspective

Isn't it interesting how our perspectives on various things change as we get older? I remember when I was a senior in high school and my English teacher would say every day, "Christmas is coming." That meant that we needed to get our college applications in before Christmas. He said that we had a better chance getting accepted wherever we were applying if we applied before Christmas. I got my application to BYU in by the end of October. But I remember it feeling like he said that over and over for AGES. That first semester of my last year of high school lasted for SO long!

Then I remember when I was a freshman in college and my boyfriend left on his mission for two whole years! Two years was such a long time. I remember after one year had passed when there was only one year left, but one whole year seemed like forever. Now that I look back, two years is nothing!

When I had my first baby, that first year took forever. Each month you marked the milestones your baby would hit. You kept track of every first and that first birthday seemed like an eternity away. Can we keep him alive all the way until he's one? And then when the first birthday came, it was rejoicing! Yes, we survived the first year!

Now, my fifth child will be turning one in less than a week. It certainly hasn't felt like the endless year that it was with my first child! I can't believe that in less than two years, my little girl will be in kindergarten. In only three more years after that, this baby will be in kindergarten.

It's funny how things change, isn't it? I remember when I was a teenager how my mom told me that time goes by faster and faster as you get older. Boy, was she ever right!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails