Thursday, July 22, 2010

Summer Marriage Challenge: Feeding My Husband

We are to week #6 of the "Completing Him" Marriage Challenge and this week's challenge is: Make your husband a priority. Ask him what his favorite dinner, dessert and drink are. Be sure to serve him all three one night this week. Bonus: cook his favorite dishes all week long!

We all know that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

I would have happily joined in on this week's challenge, but it is going to have to wait because my husband had surgery on Tuesday and he has been having a hard time keeping food down all week. I could have done his favorite dinner on Monday, but he worked the night shift that night. We had a big meal for lunch, one of his favorites.

I find this challenge difficult because my husband likes pretty much everything I cook and claims he doesn't have a favorite, so I just have to be astute and guess which meal is probably his favorite. His favorite dessert is banana cream pie, so I'll be making that for sure. Favorite drink? His favorite beverage is either chocolate milk or Coke, and since we're trying to be healthier around here, he won't be getting Coke. I don't even keep soda in the house. He can have chocolate milk. But that's nothing special because we have that pretty much every night with dinner.

The dish that I am cooking for this challenge, when I am finally able to do it, is a dish that we call Italian chicken. I pound chicken pieces flat, coat them with and egg/water mixture, coat with Italian bread crumbs, then cook stove top in vegetable oil for about 5 minutes on each side on medium heat. Very juicy and tasty. He likes to dip it in Ranch dressing. I even made him a sandwich with this meal once because he was meeting us at the baseball field after work for our child's first baseball game and wouldn't get to eat until MUCH later, so I threw together a sandwich with lettuce and Ranch dressing on a French roll and he said it was really good.

I don't understand the backlash for this part of the challenge. Why not cook food your husband likes? Why not try to please him as often as possible? It just makes sense that the more charitable you are to him, the more charitable he is to you and the circle just goes on.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails