Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Pregnancy Cravings


When I was pregnant with my first child, I craved cucumbers. I had such bad morning sickness and the only thing that I could bear the thought of eating were fresh, crunchy cucumbers. I even kept an ice chest by my bed at night full of freshly cut up cucumbers for me to munch on when I just needed to eat.

Now that child will be seven years old on Saturday. He absolutely hates cucumbers. When I serve them, usually as the vegetable side, I peel them then cut them into slices. I serve them with Ranch dressing as a dip. Most of my kids love that, but my oldest still hates them. Getting him to eat just one slice is a successful meal when cucumbers are involved. And when he does, he has to douse the slice in about as much Ranch dressing as everyone else has put together. Kind of loses the whole health factor when he does that!

I wonder if he doesn't like them because I ate them so much when I was pregnant with him? Do your kids have anything like that, something they will eat or won't eat that correlates with something you would or wouldn't eat when you were pregnant?

1 comment:

Spring said...

I ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with my oldest. She is not a fan of those now. She likes them sometimes, but she typically prefers a jam sandwich without the peanut butter. Things that make you go hmmmm...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails